Swimming pools are a great addition to any home, providing a space for relaxation, entertainment, and exercise. However, the maintenance required to keep a pool in optimal condition can be time-consuming and costly.
One essential aspect of pool maintenance is using a cover to reduce evaporation, heat loss, and debris accumulation. Enter liquid pool covers. These innovative products form a thin barrier on the water's surface, making it easier to maintain your pool.
This article will explore the three best liquid pool covers on the market and explain their differences.
Reasons To Use A Liquid Pool Cover
Using a liquid pool cover has several advantages, making it an appealing alternative to traditional pool covers. Here are some key reasons to consider using a liquid pool cover:
- Reduced evaporation: Liquid pool covers form a thin, invisible barrier on the water's surface, minimizing evaporation. This helps conserve water and reduce the need for frequent top-ups, saving time and resources.
- Heat retention: By creating a barrier on the water's surface, liquid pool covers help to retain heat, maintaining a more consistent water temperature. This can lead to reduced energy consumption and lower heating costs.
- Lower chemical consumption: With less evaporation, the loss of pool chemicals is minimized, which reduces the need for frequent chemical adjustments and replenishment. This translates to cost savings and a more stable swimming environment.
- Easy application: Unlike traditional pool covers, liquid pool covers are easy to apply, often requiring a simple pour or an automated dosing system. There is no need to wrestle with large, unwieldy covers or invest in expensive reel systems.
- Unobtrusive appearance: Liquid pool covers are virtually invisible, maintaining the aesthetic appeal of your pool area without the need for a bulky cover. This is particularly beneficial for those who prioritize the visual appeal of their outdoor space.
- Compatibility: Liquid pool covers work well with various pools, including residential and commercial pools, spas, and hot tubs.
- Safety: Traditional pool covers can sometimes pose a safety hazard, especially for young children or animals who may accidentally fall onto them. Liquid pool covers eliminate this concern, as no physical barrier could potentially trap someone.
- Low maintenance: Liquid pool covers require little maintenance compared to traditional covers, which can become dirty, damaged, or require replacement over time. The liquid pool cover must be replenished periodically to maintain its effectiveness.
- Environmentally friendly: Many liquid pool covers are biodegradable and break down naturally over time, making them an eco-conscious choice for pool owners.
- Unrestricted access: Liquid pool covers allow for easy access to the pool without the need to remove a physical cover. Swimmers can enjoy the pool without any additional steps or effort.
Heatsavr is a biodegradable liquid pool cover that creates an invisible barrier on the water's surface. It helps reduce evaporation and heat loss, making it an eco-friendly option for pool owners. Heatsavr is a popular choice due to its effectiveness and ease of use.
- Biodegradable: Heatsavr is environmentally friendly and breaks down naturally over time.
- Easy to apply: The liquid can be added directly to the pool or through an automated dosing system.
- Reduces energy costs: By retaining heat, Heatsavr helps to reduce the energy needed to heat the pool.
Ecosavr offers a unique twist on liquid pool covers by incorporating the product into a fun, fish-shaped dispenser. The Ecosavr Solar Fish contains a biodegradable liquid that is gradually released into the pool, forming a transparent layer that helps reduce evaporation and heat loss.
- Fish-shaped dispenser: The Ecosavr Solar Fish adds a touch of whimsy to your pool maintenance routine.
- Simple to use: No need for measuring or pouring; the fish dispenser automatically releases the liquid pool cover.
- Eco-friendly: The biodegradable liquid reduces energy consumption and evaporative water loss, promoting sustainability.
AquaBlanket is another top contender in the liquid pool cover market. This product is designed to provide a long-lasting barrier on the water's surface, reducing heat loss, evaporation, and chemical consumption.
- Long-lasting protection: AquaBlanket boasts a longer-lasting formula than many of its competitors.
- Compatible with various pool types: It can be used in residential and commercial pools, spas, and hot tubs.
- Easy application: The liquid can be poured directly into the pool, making it simple to use.
While all three liquid pool covers offer the benefits of reduced evaporation, heat loss, and chemical consumption, their features and application methods differ.
- Heatsavr is a versatile option with a biodegradable formula.
- Ecosavr stands out with its unique fish-shaped dispenser.
- AquaBlanket offers a long-lasting formula compatible with various pool types.
Liquid pool covers are an innovative solution for pool maintenance, offering an easy-to-use and environmentally friendly alternative to traditional covers. Heatsavr, Ecosavr Solar Fish, and AquaBlanket each provide unique benefits that cater to different needs and preferences. By understanding the differences between these top liquid pool cover options, you can decide to keep your pool in excellent condition.