Cooking at home can be one of the best ways to enjoy meals with family and friends. Furthermore, using a home kitchen means that you have to get rid of various types of food waste regularly.
Putting food waste in a trash can is only reasonable when you have no other for it. However, for people with DIY gardens, food waste can be an excellent source of fertilizer. It's an excellent source of high-quality nutrients for your garden and can help you save up on lots of cash.
For this reason, you should consider getting the best electric kitchen composter for your needs. It’s a straightforward machine that you use to break down food waste. These machines fall into two main categories, manual and electric versions. The latter is better because it uses electricity to control the breakdown process so that you just sit and wait for the result.
- Why Should You Use An Electric Kitchen Composter?
- How to Use an Electric Composter
- Factors to Consider When Buying A Composter
- Top 4 Electric Kitchen Composter Reviews
- Food Cycler Platinum Indoor Food Recycler and Kitchen Compost Container
- Lomi | Smart Waste Kitchen Composter
- Automatic Home Composter for Pet and Kitchen Waste
- Envirocycle The Most Beautiful Composter in the World in Pink
- 💬 Community
We have identified some useful information for you to consider when you want to get one for your needs. Let’s get started:
Why Should You Use An Electric Kitchen Composter?
There are various benefits of composting, and it’s a simple process provided that you have the correct tools. Composting is a term that refers to the natural process of breaking down organic material into fertilizer. There are various types of composters, with the main ones falling under the manual or electric categories.
The electric composters are beneficial because you just have to put in the waste material, and the machine will handle the rest of the process. Usually, these machines have special motors, which can produce large batches of fertilizer yield with each session. There are no levers which you have to turn every now and then, which is highly convenient.
Composting is beneficial because it lets you keep waste from overcrowded landfills, and it provides you with reliable fertilizer. The fertilizer is a cheap and useful resource that you can use in your DIY garden, or even for commercial farming purposes.
How to Use an Electric Composter
Using an electric composter is a simple process. The following are the critical factors for you to consider when using one:
Quick Start Guide
- Remove Accessories
- Plug the machine to a power outlet
- Add the food waste to the mixing chamber
- Balance the compost as much as possible to reduce food odor
- Use the “High” setting for the best results
- You will need to perform the following to get the composter working correctly:
- Fill the mixing chamber at least 75% full with kitchen waste, and in relation to the instructions.
- Ensure the mixing chamber is filled with 50% green and 50% brown items, based on the food guide. This will make the composting process easy and will stop the food items from falling on the cure tray.
- If you don’t put a proper mixture of green and brown items, the food waste might become dry, and you might have to use water every time to balance out the mixture
- Once you make the first batch and complete the transfer, you will not have to use sawdust pellets
- If the cure tray is full, there will be no more space for the uncomposted material to fall from the mixing chamber to the lower shelf. Also, the item in the mixing chamber will break down before you complete the transfer.
- Once the first batch is complete, proceed with the cycling process by using this technique. Then transfer the compost to a cure tray, and then fill the mixing chamber at least 75% full with waste.
Factors to Consider When Buying A Composter
- Aeration system – you need to get a kitchen composter with an excellent aeration structure. This should be an oxygen intake to provide efficient composting results. More so, the aeration system should also provide sufficient room for the food to turn and break down while releasing the gases.
- Sliding doors – these are the best when it comes to composters. They are easy to open and close securely as the process completes. Ensure that you evaluate the quality of the lock on the door as it determines your ability to open the door.
- Material construction – you also want a composter that is made using high quality PP plastic material, nylon, or high-quality stainless steel. The material should be durable and offer longevity for kitchen use.
- High heat resistance – the machine should also meet the heating requirements of the compost. Anything less, and you might have to get your machine replaced regularly.
- Rustproof – you also want a composter with sturdy and coated steel, which will provide longevity, as well as corrosion resistance.
Top 4 Electric Kitchen Composter Reviews
Food Cycler Platinum Indoor Food Recycler and Kitchen Compost Container
Reduce, reuse, and recycle your yard debris with the Food Recycler Platinum Indoor Compost Container. This unit comes with a filter monitoring system, such that you never have about replacing filters. More so, the all in one food composter makes it easy to get rid of kitchen waste in just a few minutes. It can reduce kitchen waste by up to 90% of its original volume. Even more, you can expect the composting process to be completed in as little as 3 hours.
Also, another key benefit of using this unit is that it helps to mitigate methane gas emissions, and is also an excellent money saver. After all, not only does this machine toss your food waste, it also controls the release the gases produced from the breakdown of these foods. Owning an electric kitchen composter is a convenient experience, and you should enjoy this benefit when you have this unit. It sets up simple and won't take up a large amount of space in your already limited kitchen area.
You just have to toss in your food waste, and press on the push go button. The machine does not require any enzymes, pellets, or additives to complete the food breakdown procedure. Once the process is complete, you will have access to a potent fertilizer that you can use in your garden.
- Equipped with a unique filter monitoring system
- No venting, draining or additives required
- Lightweight and straightforward to carry around
- Powerful motor works fast
- Could use a more durable exterior finish
- The motor warms when used for long durations
Lomi | Smart Waste Kitchen Composter
Lomi turns your food waste into odorless, organic dirt... instead of sending it to landfills.
- Reduce your kitchen waste by 50% to 80%
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Reduce those gross kitchen smells at the same time.
- Quick Clean-Up: Just scrape your plates directly into Lomi.
- Compact & Efficient Design: Turn food waste into the dirt in as little as 4 hours.
- Odor Neutralized: Garbage cans are full of old food decomposing at room temperature. You'll never smell garbage again.
- Reduce your Carbon Footprint: Reduce your weekly garbage by up to 80%.
- Create a Waste-Free Future: Lomi produces nutrient-rich dirt which you can use for your garden or houseplants. Every Lomi includes your first 45 cycles of Filters + Pods!
Automatic Home Composter for Pet and Kitchen Waste
With the automatic home composter for kitchen waste, you are sure of a reliable addition to your kitchen hygiene regimen. This unit has a lower energy consumption, and it also takes up a small space within your kitchen space. While it may take up a small space in your kitchen, the central section is large and can accommodate large portions of food waste. Furthermore, the machine is easy to use and can perform automatic heating and mixing.
More so, the machine is powerful and can produce fresh compost in as little as two weeks. It can break down pet waste, kitty litter, food scraps, and more. As one of the best composters on the market, this unit can process as many as 5Lbs of food or pet waste in a day.
Aside from its innovative features, this unit is suitable for composting various types of everyday items, including food scraps, grains, and more. The composter even has automatic settings, which make everything during the composting process convenient.
The two-chambered design composts food in the upper chamber while curing compost in a lower chamber. Such a unique design also offers optimal space for various types of waste material, thus improving the quality of your fertilizer yield. It also has an efficient design that ensures food breaks down ten times faster than the conventional backyard composter. This way, you will find it easy to compost organic material when using this compact but powerful machine.
- Can process up to 5lbs of food and pet waste each day
- Comes with several biodegradable waste bags
- Two chambered system is efficient
- Energy efficient kitchen composter
- Heavy for some and could use ergonomic handles
- Takes up a lot of time to setup
Envirocycle The Most Beautiful Composter in the World in Pink
The Envirocyle Kitchen Composter is also an excellent way to get rid of food waste. This unit is built solid like a tank, and it's made using food safe and BPA free material for the best results. Even more, setting up this unit is easy, and it does not require any tools for you to complete the process. The composter also has an innovative structure, which does well to combine the compost tumbler drum with a compost tea maker base.
Using this composter is also a simple process, and you don’t need any special tools to set it up. Once you open the packaging, you just have to open the door on it and insert the organic material.
The Envirocycle Composter also has a spacious interior, which can produce large batches of yield each time. Clean up is also a simple process because the top section is extensive enough for you to fit a brush.
You can place this compact unit in any space in your kitchen. Whether it's behind the fridge, under the sink, or close to the kitchen door – it will take up a small footprint in your space. All the components on this unit are durable and can provide years of reliable performance when breaking down food.
- Solid like a tank and made using BPA free material
- Heavy duty and durable composter design
- Sits stable on most surfaces
- Could be available in other finishes than pick
- Is significantly lighter than most composters
Getting rid of waste at home has never been this easy. Nowadays, there are various useful solutions available for you to consider when it comes to waste disposal. In some cases, you not only want to get rid of kitchen waste, but you also want an excellent addition to your home management regimen. This is why the best electric kitchen composter is a good suggestion for your needs.
It’s a convenient machine, which you can use to get rid of farm waste, and also produce useful fertilizer. Even more, it makes up for a simple to use resource for storing organic waste.