Zodiac MX6 Advanced Suction Pool Cleaner Review
Zodiac Pool Systems unveiled the Zodiac MX6 in 2014. Five years later, with all the new technology and robotic pool cleaners, is this compact advanced suction pool cleaner still relevant? Don’t be surprised because it still is!
This pool cleaner is still among the consumer favorites in its league. There is no denying that suction pool cleaners are still the most powerful type of pool cleaners. Because it is not limited to its built-in suction capacity, but is powered by the pool’s pump. Its staying power in the market is a testimony that the Zodiac MX6 is an efficient, easy-to-use and durable pool cleaner. It’s about time you get to know more about the best and unique features of the Zodiac MX6.
In-Depth Review Of Zodiac MX6 In-Ground and Aboveground Pool Cleaner
The Zodiac MX6 is a portable and lightweight suction side pool cleaner. It has an easy-grip handle on the top left that allows easy lifting of the equipment from the pool. This pool cleaner features a cyclonic suction that makes it easy for it to climb walls and suck large amounts of medium to large size debris. It also has a large debris opening that can take it pebbles, rocks, acorns and piles or leaves effortlessly.
This pool cleaner is designed to clean both in-ground and above ground pools. It sucks debris as it cleans pool surfaces like concrete, tile, vinyl and fiberglass. The wheels are equipped with X-Drive Technology with X-Trax that scrubs out dirt build-up in areas that it will pass. With the right flow rate, the Zodiac MX6 can clean your pool’s walls and waterline too.
The standard package of the MX6 includes ten pieces of Zodiac’s proprietary twist-to-lock hose segments with one lead hose with a float. It surely is easy to connect and secure these hoses and there will be no guesswork on which one to attach to the cleaner itself. Users may choose to connect the cleaner to the skimmer or the vacuum line. We are sharing with you the steps on how to prepare for the installation of this cleaner, later on.
The MX6 can navigate around your pool and get past slopes easily. Turning around will stop the wheels on the other side and lets the other side to maneuver and make turns. It is energy efficient and is designed to work on variable-speed, two-speed and solar-powered pumps. The later models also come with an MX flow regulator that controls excess flow on your cleaner.
Steps to Properly Install and Use the Zodiac MX6 Pool Cleaner
The most crucial part in ensuring that you can get the best out of your Zodiac MX6 Pool Cleaner relies on the proper setup and the right amount of flow. Here is a quick guide for an efficient installation :
1. Check if all of the accessories included in the package list are complete.
2. Start filtration. Make sure that your pumps are running well.
3. Check the return jet of your pool. It should be pointing downwards, towards the center of the pool.
4. Measure the hose length that you need. Both ends of the hose should be touching the farthest side of the pool and the connection.
5. For side-port installation: Install the in-ground valve cuff and connect the other end of the hose with a 45-degree elbow.
6. For skimmer installation: Choose the skimmer that is closest to the pump. Remove the skimmer basket. Insert the valve cuff and secure the flow keeper control valve with a 45-degree elbow on top.
7. Ensure that the hose has no air inside and is completely filled with water.
8. Submerge the cleaner and connect it to the hose once it's filled with water.
9. Observe and time the wheel rotation using the yellow indicator on the wheel. It should rotate at least 10 times between 20-25 seconds.
10. Adjust the flow rate in the flow keeper valve as necessary. Later models already come with an MX flow regulator.
Specifications and Features of the Zodiac MX6:
What's in the box?
FAQS about the Zodiac MX6 Suction Pool Cleaner
What’s the difference between the Zodiac MX6 and MX8?
Zodiac MX6 and MX8 have the same propulsion system that runs them. One noticeable difference is the ability of the MX8 to reverse, although it is not a vital feature since the MX8 can swiftly navigate and make turns. The MX6 is also more compact than the MX8. The MX6 has one turbine at the bottom while MX8 has two. The MX6 also has an easy-grip handle that the MX8 doesn’t have.
What kind of debris can the Zodiac MX6 pick-up?
Medium to large size debris can be taken in effortlessly with the powerful suction and large debris opening of the Zodiac MX6. Demo videos show that the cleaner can efficiently pick up piles of leaves and debris like pebbles and acorns.
Is the Zodiac MX6 Worth Buying?
The Zodiac MX6 Pool Cleaner is a 5-year old technology with unwavering popularity. With the dawn of robotic pool cleaners, some consumers still prefer the optimal cleaning that suction type pool cleaners can offer. Despite being launched some years ago, Zodiac came up with accessories like the MX flow regulator to eliminate guesswork if your cleaner has the right flow rate. This also boosts the efficiency of the pool cleaner to work on low-flow pumps. If you are looking for a suction pool cleaner that can climb the walls, clean the waterline, take care of large debris with unmatched portability and durability – that must be the Zodiac MX6.